Drivers are a critical part of any computer or notebook, and we recommend keep updating them with the latest version. You can always manually update the Windows 10 operating system drivers or stop Windows 10 from automatically updating Drivers. To automate the tasks on Windows OS, we use a third-party app. We have shared a few freeware that lets you install and update the drivers on Windows. Snappy Driver Installer is a freeware tool that lets you install and update Drivers on Windows 11/10/8/7.
DriverMax: Backup, Restore and Update your PC drivers
DriverMax is another freeware tool that lets you backup and restores drivers easily. Even with DriverMax, you can keep your hardware drivers updated. It comes with a quick and easy interface so that a novice can also perform the basic task of backup, restore, and updating the drivers.
Once you install and launch this app, on the Home tab, it will show some basic information about your PC like the Name of the Operating System, Processor makes and model, installed memory (RAM), and capacity of the hard drive.
After clicking on the Updates tab, it analyzes your PC components and represents a list of outdated drivers with the latest version details. If you want to update all the hardware drivers of your PC, select them and click on the button “DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL.” It will automatically download the latest version drivers of the selected hardware and install them for you. There is also an option to update the individual hardware. Move the cursor on any hardware entry; the Update button appears next to it. Clicking on the Update button, the software downloads and installs the correct drivers for your PC. Before updating any hardware, this program also creates a system restore point.
From the Backup tab of DriverMax, you can create a backup of the driver or even create a system restore point. You can create a backup of all the hardware at once or choose an individual entry that you want to save as a backup.
- Restore from a system restore point,
- Restore from a previously created backup,
- Restore using a driver rollback,
- Restore using a previously downloaded driver.
- Restore from a system restore point. Since DriverMax creates a system restore point before updating the drivers, you can revert to a previous system restore point, if after updating the drivers, any issues come.
- Restore from a previously created backup. If you have created a backup of the drivers, you can restore it using this option.
- Restore using a driver rollback. If your PC’s previous version drivers are available for any component, you can use this rollback option.
- Restore using a previously downloaded driver. If you have not deleted the drivers’ downloads folder of DriverMax, you can restore them using this option.
As you can see above, all the necessary features have been included in this freeware tool DriverMax. According to DriverMax, it provides the latest versions for over 2,300,000 devices. DriverMax also notifies and installs updates to various driver packages that will improve Windows performance.
You can watch the official video of DriverMax.
Overall, DriverMax is a nice app, and most of the features are available to keep your PC drivers updated. It is compatible with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server editions (both 64-bit and 32-bit). Go ahead and download this freeware from its official website.