All the Windows, including Win 10/8/7/Vista, comes with a built-in feature to change the folder icon. Even if in your Windows 10 PC, icons are not displaying properly, you can rebuild the Icon Cache to fix it.
To change the folder icon on Windows 10/8/7/Vista computers, right-click on the folder to which icon you want to change and select the Properties option. Switch to the Customize tab and click the “Change Icon” button to select an icon for your folder. It is so easy, and you can change any folder icon on your PC.
In this post, we will show the steps to change the icon of Recycle Bin. Recycle Bin is the most important part of an operating system that acts as a safety net. Once you delete any file or folder from your PC, it gets stored in Recycle Bin folder. It lets you restore them to the original location before permanently removing them from your computer.
How to change Recycle Bin icon in Windows 10?
For any reason, if you want to change or replace Recycle Bin icon in Windows 10 PC, perform the following steps:-
- Click on the Start Menu/button and then click the Settings icon to open the Settings app window.
- In the Settings window that opens, click on the Personalization category.
- In the Personalization, click on the left side sub-category Themes.
- On the right-side window of Themes, click the link “Desktop icon settings.”
- Once you click the Desktop icon settings link, the “Desktop Icon Settings” window opens.
- Click on the Recycle Bin icon and then click the button labeled with the Change Icon.
Note: You need to perform these steps two times for Recycle Bin (full) and Recycle Bin (empty) separately.
- Browse the following icon path:-
- Select the desired icon from the list you want to use in place of the default Recycle Bin icon.
- Click OK.
Once you complete the above steps, you will have a new Recycle Bin icon on your Windows 10 Desktop. Similarly, you can change the default icon of This PC, User Profile folder, and Network icons.
How to restore the original Recycle Bin icon in Windows 10?
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the Settings app.
2. In the Settings window that opens, click on the Personalization category.
3. In the Personalization, click on the left side sub-category Themes.
4. On the right-side window of Themes, click the “Desktop icon settings” link.
5. Once you click the Desktop icon settings link, the “Desktop Icon Settings” window opens.