In this gearupwindows article, we will guide you on changing touchpad three-finger swipe gestures on Windows 11 and 10. You can use the built-in Settings app or Registry Editor to change this setting.
How to Change Touchpad Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11 Settings?
To change the Touchpad Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11 using Settings, use these steps:-
Step 1. First, open Windows 11 Settings.
To do that, you can use the
Step 2. Then, select
Step 3. On the right side, click on the
Step 4. Click
Step 5. Next, use the drop-down
- Switch apps and show desktop.
- Switch desktops and show desktop.
- Change audio and volume.
How to Change Touchpad Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 10 Settings?
If you want to configure three-finger swipe gestures in Windows 10 using Settings, perform these steps:-
Step 1. Open Windows 10 Settings.
Step 2. Click on
Step 3. Select
Step 4. On the opposite side, scroll down to the “Three-finger gestures” section and select an option in the “Swipes” drop-down menu:-
- Nothing: Turns off three-finger gestures.
- Switch apps and show desktop: This option enables a three-finger swipe up to open Task View, down to show the desktop, and left & right to switch between apps.
- Switch desktops and show desktop: This allows a three-finger swipe up to open Task View, down to show the desktop, and swipe left & right to switch between virtual desktops.
- Change audio and volume: This option lets a three-finger swipe up to turn the system volume up, down to turn the volume down, left to skip to the previous song, and right swipe for the next song in a music app.
How to Configure Three-Finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11 or 10 using Registry Editor?
Step 1. Open Registry Editor.
Step 2. Then, navigate or browse to the following key in the left sidebar of Registry Editor:-
Step 3. On the right side of the “PrecisionTouchPad” folder, look for a ThreeFingerSlideEnabled REG_DWORD. If it is not present, you need to create one. So, to create a new REG_DWORD, right-click on the
Step 4. Name the newly created REG_DWORD to
Step 5. Now, double-click on the
- 0: Nothing.
- 1: Switch apps and show desktop.
- 2: Switch desktops and show desktop.
- 3: Change audio and volume.
Step 6. Click
Step 7. At last, reboot your computer to apply the changes.