Microsoft has released Windows 10 May 2021 Update (21H1) and is ready for download. For those who do not know, what is Windows 10 May 2021 Update? It is just a feature update and hardly introduces any new features. If you have enabled the automatic update on your PC, it will gradually update your Windows to a new version.
While Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 May 2021 Update, you can manually check for this update and then install it on your computer.
There are two methods available through which you can install Windows 10 May 2021 Update; these are the following:-
- Update to Windows 10 21H1 via Setting app
- Update to Windows 10 21H1 using Microsoft Media Creation Tool
How to update to Windows 10 21H1 via the Setting app?
With the help of the Settings app, you can install the latest update, Windows 10 21H1. Perform the following steps to do the same:-
1. Click on the Start button and then select the Settings app icon to open it.
2. In the Settings window, click on the category “Update & Security.”
3. In the left side pane, select the “Windows Update” tab and on the right side of it, click on the “Check for updates” option. If an update is available for your PC, it will appear. Clicking on it will download and update the latest Windows 10 May 2021 Update (21H1).
If you don’t see the Windows 10 (21H1) update option in the first method, please use the second method described below.
How to Update to Windows 10 21H1 using Microsoft Media Creation Tool?
This the best way to update Windows 10 to May 2021 (21H1) version. In this method, we will use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool.
1. Navigate to the Microsoft webpage.
2. Click on the “Update now” button to download the Media Creation Tool.
3. Run the Media Creation Tool and click on the Accept button to admit terms and conditions of Microsoft when you get the following screen:-
4. On the next screen, you will see two options:-
- Upgrade this PC now
- Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC
Select the first option, the “Upgrade this PC now,” and then click the Next button to continue.
5. Click the Next button.
6. The Media Creation Tool will start downloading the files from Microsoft servers.
7. Once the downloading is completed, you will see the license screen again. Click on the Accept button.
8. Finally, click on the Install button to begin installing the update on your PC. Your PC may restart several times to complete the installation.
Once the update is completed, type winver.exe in the Run box (Press Windows logo + R keys to open the Run dialog) and press the Enter key from the keyboard to open the About Windows dialog; you should see the version number as 21H1.