We all love to download files as soon as possible; a good download manager becomes handy here. Internet Download Accelerator is a freeware tool that provides a great download speed by optimizing the poor internet connection. Using this application, you can resume and pause the downloads even the internet connection is broken. When downloading a big file from the internet, it is an excruciating situation for everybody if the connection gets broken. One does not only waste a lot of bandwidth, but it also spends a lot of time and effort. Hence, we always recommend keeping a good download manager on your computer or laptop.
Internet Download Accelerator
In this gearupwindows article, we will share about a freeware utility called Internet Download Accelerator. It comes in Pro and Free versions, and in this post, we will share our expertise on the free version only.
Internet Download Accelerator is a free app that can replace the popular paid software IDM. It is a perfect substitute for IDM. It packs similar features as IDM provides, such as multilingual support, the ability to download video and audio, scheduling download, and more.
The free edition of Internet Download Accelerator is good enough for those who need a perfect download manager for personal use. However, there is a cache in the free version, you have to needle some ads, and then it is good to go.
While modern browsers can download files efficiently, they still aren’t smart enough to deal with big files. They don’t offer any way to increase the speed or download parts of the data in parallel and no permanent logs of the file source. Even if the source IP gets changed during download, modern browsers cannot handle it, and finally, you can’t resume them. Ultimately you will lose bandwidth and your valuable time.
Internet Download Accelerator and Ninja are download managers that can handle or solve all the problems using some techniques. These download managers increase download speed and resume broken downloads and help you manage the downloaded files.
Once you download and install the Internet Download Accelerator (IDA), you need to set your current internet connection speed to help the software set up parameters that will further assist in overall performance to download the files.
IDA splits the file download into small fragments and downloads them simultaneously and separately. When all the chunks of files get downloaded on the computer or laptop, they combine them in one and make them usable. Many websites support downloading a file in small segments, but no browsers use it.
IDA works over HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols. It features resume download if you have to stop the download suddenly or the connection gets interrupted automatically. This functionality saves a lot of time and effort. You can delay the download for later when you need the bandwidth for something else.
Internet Download Accelerator Features
The Internet Download Manager comes with the following main features:-
- Browser Integration: IDA integrates into all modern browsers, including Internet Explorer (IE), Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Safari.
- Clipboard Detection: This module observes the system clipboard, and whenever it detects URLs in the clipboard, it automatically opens the Internet Download Accelerator.
- Videos Downloading: Downloads video files from video services like YouTube, however, you need to copy the URL and paste it into the IDA application, and then you are all set to go.
- File Categorisation: It recognizes and categorizes the downloaded files for better file management. Even you are allowed to create a hierarchy of folders.
- Mirror Sites: This is a unique feature of IDA that works for only popular files over the internet. IDA downloads part files parallelly and speeds up. Once the download begins, right-click on the download progress and click on find mirrors. If the same program is available elsewhere, it will be included in the source. Thus it will download the same file from more than one source at a time, resulting in a faster download.
- Download Later: This application allows you to add the files in the queue and download them later. It also permits you to configure further by adding a custom name, username-password, a limit to some segments, and priority.
- Site Manager: Using this module, you can download a file from password-protected sites, resume download, and schedule downloads. If a file is behind the login, you can provide the login details in this application to resume the downloading of the file. If you miss adding it initially, you can right-click from the history and add the source to the site manager.
- History & Deleted List: This freeware tool maintains a complete history of the downloaded file.
- Compatibility: Internet Download Accelerator is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, and Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit architecture).
You can download the latest version of Internet Accelerator Plus from its official website.