OPPO recently introduced the Reno5 5G smartphone in China, which has now been followed by the unveiling of the 4G version of the phone in live images. These images provide a glimpse of the phone’s design and specifications, which includes a 6.4-inch screen with a 90Hz refresh rate and a single punch-hole. The phone is equipped with an impressive 44-megapixel front camera and an in-display fingerprint scanner. It is powered by a Snapdragon 720G processor and has 8GB of RAM. The phone runs on the Android 11 operating system with ColorOS 11.1 on top. Additionally, the phone boasts a 64-megapixel rear camera, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel mono sensor. The front-facing camera is also impressive, coming in at 44MP, and is perfect for taking selfies and video calls.
The OPPO Reno5 4G version is expected to be available in the market with a plastic back that comes with a gradient finish. It will be powered by a 4310mAh battery that supports 50W fast charging. However, it should be noted that the fast charging support in the Indian version of Reno 4 Pro, launched earlier this year, is 65W, which is higher than that of the 4G version of Reno5.
The phone’s color options include Starry Black and Fantasy White, and it is expected to be released globally in early January 2021. Markets such as Indonesia and India are among the countries where it will be available.
Rumored specs of OPPO Reno5 4G
- 6.4-inch, 20:9 Full HD+ 90Hz AMOLED display with 2400 × 1080 pixels resolution
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 720G 8nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 465 A76 + Hexa 1.8GHz Kryo 465 A55 CPUs)
- Adreno 618 Graphics unit
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage
- Android 11 operating system with ColorOS 11.1 on the top
- Dual SIM (nano + nano) with dual standby
- 64MP rear camera with EIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera, and 2MP mono camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 44MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 7.7mm thick
- Weight: 171gms
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, and USB Type-C
- 4310mAh Li-ion battery with 50W SuperVOOC fast charging