We always recommend keeping a backup of essential data. But, if you have accidentally deleted/formatted the disk, Recuva lets you recover the deleted files/folders/documents/music/images and videos from your Windows PC hard disk drive. It is also a handy app to retrieve documents from corrupt CDs / DVDs or Hard drives and formatted hard drives.
How to Recover Deleted Files, Folders, Music, Images, and Videos?
Step 1. To recover all the files/folders, images, videos, etc., while launching the Recuva software, select the “All Files” option and then click the
Step 2. It will prompt for file location from where you want to recover the files. You can scan the internal hard drive / external hard drive by connecting to PC, CD / DVD, and even from Recycle Bin. Select which suits you.
Step 3. Once you have selected the right option, click the Next button. It will prompt for type of scan. You can use a normal scan if you have recently deleted the files by mistake and not overwritten the hard drive/memory card you are trying to recover the data. If you have deleted the files and overwritten the data on that disk, you need to choose the “Enable Deep Scan” option.
Step 4. Press the Next button to continue scanning the disk. It will show the progress of file recovery.
Advantages of Recuva
- Recover deleted files from your computer – Recover deleted files/folders, photographs, documents, music files, even emails. It also recovers data from any rewriteable media like the digital camera’s memory card, external hard drive, USB key, iPod’s drive, iTunes, etc. It also supports the Nikon RAW and Canon RAW (.CRW) formats.
- Recovery from damaged or formatted disks – You can recover data from crashed hard drives, formatted drives, camera memory cards, etc.
- Recover deleted emails – If you’re using a desktop program like Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird, and you have deleted any email from Recycle Bin / Trash, too, Recuva can recover the permanently deleted emails. When you recover emails with Recuva, they appear in a compressed ZIP file (e.g., Outlook Express.zip). You can use any standard ZIP file reader (including one built into Windows) to open the .ZIP file up and see the emails inside. This application stores each email on the zip file in a standard .EML format that you can import into any email program.
- Recover deleted iPod music
- Restore unsaved Word documents
- Deep Scan
- Availability of Portable version
- Securely delete files you want to erase forever – As you can recover the deleted data, any hacker can also do. If you have some sensitive data on your disk, you can erase securely using Recuva so that no one can retrieve it later. Securely erase financial records, passwords, confidential documents, or other information and keep it private.
- Compatible with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 7 / Windows 2008 Server, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2003 Server
You can download the Recuva app from the official website.