Is the battery icon is missing from your Windows 10 Taskbar? Power button setting grayed out in Windows 10; what to do? Windows 10 comes with a lot of features, and most Windows users are happy with it. However, some people face different issues after upgrading to Windows 10 from the previous version of Windows 8/8.1/7. Even a few users reported that the battery icon is missing from the Taskbar after installing Windows Updates. If you face issues like power button settings being grayed out in Windows 10 or the battery icon is missing from your Windows 10 notebook or laptop, this post will help you.
In the gearupwindows post, we are going to learn the following:-
- Restore the missing battery icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar
- Fix the Power button setting grayed out in Windows 10
How to restore the missing battery icon in the Windows 10 Taskbar?
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows logo + I hotkey or any other method.
On the Setting window, click on the Personalization category.
How to fix the Power button setting grayed out in Windows 10?
In case the toggle switch is greyed out, that means you are unable to turn it On, perform the following steps:-
- Click on the Start button and type device manager.
You can find two different options here, “Microsoft AC Adapter” and “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.”
4. Right-click on Microsoft AC Adapter and select Disable Device. Now, again right-click on it and select Enable Device.
- Now, right-click on “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” and select Disable Device. Again, right on it and select Enable Device.
Restart your Windows 10 machine; you should enable or disable the Power in the Settings.