In addition to creating resumes, writing reports, letters, assignments, brochures, question papers, and publishing PDFs, Microsoft Word is also widely used to make other documents. Since its release in 1993, it has been regarded as one of the Microsoft Office Suite’s applications due to its robust integration with other Microsoft programs. Microsoft Word is popular in the market because of its wide range of features, including adding visual effects to your text, creating graphs from your text data, and adding visual impact to your document.
In this gearupwindows article, you will learn how to change text cases in a Word document.
While typing, you can capitalize a character by pressing and holding the SHIFT key. Somebody can also use the CAPS LOCK to capitalize every letter as they type and then can use CAPSLOCK to turn off capitalization.
You may, however, realize that a line of text should have been capitalized differently after typing it. Let’s look at how you can change the case of any text in Word without retyping it. Fortunately, you do not have to erase your work since Word allows you to do this.
How to Change Text Case using a Keyboard Shortcut SHIFT+F3?
In Microsoft Word, this is the easiest way to change the text case. Select the sentence(s) or text(s) you want to change. The sentence(s) or text(s) will cycle between all text cases when you hold down the SHIFT key and repeatedly press the F3 key. The effects on our example sentence look like this:-
- Sentence case: Gear up windows.
- lowercase: gear up windows.
- UPPERCASE: GEAR UP WINDOWS.
- Capitalize Each Word: Gear Up Windows.
- tOGGLE cASE: gEAR uP wINDOWS.
How to Change Text Case using Word Menus?
You can change the text case using Word menus by following these steps:-
Step 1. The first step is to open your Word document and select the sentence or text you want to change.
Step 2. Click the
Step 3. Choose a capitalization type from the drop-down menu. Capitalization types include:-
- Sentence case: In a sentence, capitalize the first letter of the first word.
- lowercase: Lowercase every letter.
- UPPERCASE: UPPERCASE every letter.
- Capitalize Each Word: Useful for titles or headings. Capitalizes the first letter of every word.
- tOGGLE cASE: It converts every word’s first letter to lowercase and all other letters to UPPERCASE.
If you want to use your keyboard to change the case on some text, select the text and press Alt+H to activate the Home tab. After pressing