There is so much software available over the internet to backup and restore drivers on Windows PC. DriverBackup is also a Driver backup and restoration utility. It is portable, easy to carry, or you can just upload it to the cloud to use with any PC. This portable Windows DriverBackup software offers restoration, backup, removal, command-line options, automatic restoration from CDDVD, and path formatting features. It also includes an interactive command-line builder.
DriverBackup for Windows 10
DriverBackup is a portable and free utility. It is a convenient tool to get the OS drivers if you have lost your driver’s CD.
To start using, DriverBackup software, download and unzip it in a folder. Double-click on the DrvBK file to launch the DriverBackup app.
During Backup, the DriverBackup allows you to choose Full portability. This button offers devices that are totally compatible with backup and restore. Similarly, if you want to backup drivers with a digital signature, you can select the Digital Signature option.
Once you have decided which drivers to backup, click on the Start Backup button. This will allow you to choose the backup path, add a description, name the backup file, date format, and so on.
You will find two Backup options here:-
- Allow DriverBackup to overwrite files in the destination path if required. (Unrecommended) – You should check this option to overwrite files in the backup path if required. Otherwise, the program may give an error.
- Generate a file for automatic drivers’ restoration – This option generates executable files for automatic drivers’ restoration. These files include a batch file “Restore.bat” and “Autorun.inf” that enable autorun in removable devices.
Facilities that are provided in DriverBackup software:
- Backup & restore of Windows drivers, including third-party devices.
- Drivers’ backup is possible from offline or non-booting systems.
- It is convenient if you lost the driver’s disk and no idea about the hardware.
- Compatible with 64 bit systems.
- Automatic generation of autorun files for drivers’ restoration. Advantageous option to create a DVD or Autorun USB drive to install the software on the PC.
You can download the DriverBckup software from sourceforge.net.