If you are using Windows 10 for few days, you might have noticed the desktop notifications that appear at the bottom right area of the desktop. Windows 10 shows the notifications of the default apps and the apps installed from the Windows Store. For instance, you can see a desktop notification when you receive a message on WhatsApp. The number of apps you will install chances are there to increase in notifications. Suppose you install all social media apps on Windows 10; you might receive the desktop notifications frequently. While these notifications are great, many users often get distracted and want to disable them.
Windows 10 offers an option to disable all desktop notifications in a single click switch; however, you want to disable notifications for those apps that often show notifications or are not so important for you. For example, you might want to disable WhatsApp and Facebook notifications only.
If you want to disable desktop notifications for specific apps only, it is possible in Windows 10 without any third-party tool. It is possible to disable notifications for individual apps, or you can hide many other notifications that appear throughout Windows.
How to disable desktop notifications for specific apps in Windows 10?
If you want to disable desktop notification for individual apps on Windows 10, perform the following steps:-
2. In the Settings app, click the System category.
3. Under System, click the Notifications & actions.
4. On the right side pane of Notifications & actions, make sure that the “Get notifications from apps and other senders” toggle is turned On. If you turn off the toggle next to the “Get notifications from apps and other senders” option, notifications for all apps will be disabled. You want to disable notifications for selected apps only; hence keeping this feature turned On is necessary.
5. Scroll down on the right side to see the list of all installed programs and the Microsoft Store apps under the “Get notifications from these senders” section.
6. In the “Get notifications from these senders” section, you will see all the apps and programs installed on your PC. If you don’t want to see notifications for any app, for instance, if you don’t want to see notifications for Google Chrome, turn off the toggle next to it.
7. The above steps will turn off Desktop notifications and notifications for the app in the Action Center. If you want to get the notification in the Notification area but don’t want to see the notification in the Desktop bottom right corner, don’t turn off the toggle of the app.
If you want to see notifications in the Action Center and want to disable only desktop notifications, double click on the app to see more details. Uncheck the option “Show notification banners.”
Now, you can close the Settings app.
From now onwards, desktop notifications will not appear for apps in which you have unchecked the option “Show notifications banner.” If you want to see desktop notifications again for individual apps, check the option “Show notifications banner” in step 7 above.
Quick Tips:- If you want to disable all notifications temporarily in Windows 10, click on the Notification Icon on Windows Taskbar, and then turn on the “Focus assist” feature by clicking on it.