We have earlier shared about Free Download Manager, which lets you organize, download, and resume your downloads from the internet. The download manager is accommodating to download large files from the internet without losing your data. It can resume the download from the point of the break.
GetGo Download Manager
Though Free Download Manager is good enough and handles many files at once, if you are trying for another utility, then GetGo Download Manager is the alternate option for you. It is a free internet download manager and comes with an integrated web video downloader as a highlight for Windows 10/8/7 operating systems.
GetGo Download Manager comes with tons of Download Management features. It is designed for the new generation and can easily download video and music files from the Internet. It also includes a search bar to quickly find and download videos from popular websites. This tool speeds your downloads and combines an auto-resuming feature, where you never have to waste your time on incomplete downloads due to network obstacles or unpredicted power outages.
Like all other popular download managers, the GetGo also accelerates download speed by splitting files into several blocks or selections and then downloading them together. It features a cool user interface and is equipped with three different skins.
Once you download and install it on your computer or notebook, it sits on the System Tray or Notification Try and monitors your browser downloads. Once a user attempts to download music, movies, pictures, or other forms of media, a box opens, prompting you to use GetGo to download the content. It grabs the information from the link about the file size, location of the file, and time to download it. At the lower part of the screen, a monitor displays the bandwidth that is being consumed. It also stores a history of downloaded files that allows viewing all past, present, and on-hold downloads. You can access the GetGo Download Manager by clicking on its icon on the notification tray.
GetGo Download Manager Features
- Detect and Download web videos from popular websites, including YouTube, Dailymotion, MetaCafe, MegaVideo, Vimeo, and Break.
- Extreme Download Acceleration accelerates download speed by splitting files into many blocks or sections and then simultaneously downloading them. These methods increase download speeds up to 500%.
- Flexible Download Scheduler – Schedules downloads to start on a specified date and time.
- Multi-Threaded Download Engine
- Pause and Resume broken downloads – The program resumes broken or stopped downloads from the last point so that there is no need to restart your downloads from the beginning again, saving your time and bandwidth.
- Easy Batch Download – Easily downloads a large list of files using a URL patterns template and automatically renames downloaded files using a filename pattern template.
- Seamless Integration with Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Runs in the background without interrupting your web browsing experience.
Final Opinion about Free GetGo Download Manager
The GetGo Download Manager is a free utility but only supports Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers yet. We expect the developer to soon add more popular browsers like Edge, Opera, and others. You can easily set up a Batch Download that downloads a large list of files using an URL pattern template and automatically renames downloaded files using a filename pattern template. Like all other popular download managers, GetGo also supports resume and schedule downloads. It supports Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP operating systems. We are using it on Windows 10 64-bit edition without any problem.
You can grab this tiny utility from the homepage of this tool.
You might be also interested in other popular free download managers, for instance, FlashGet, Neat Download Manager, Ninja Download Manager, Download Accelerator Plus (DAP), and Xtreme Download Manager.